Friday, October 16, 2015

Painting Pumpkin Lanterns at the Petit Trianon


While Marie Antoinette had a gaggle of gardeners to prepare the grounds of the Petit Trianon for her elaborate parties, I'm very content to be working away on my own in SL.  After all, where else can you get away with wearing an elaborate ball gown while hauling fresh bales of hay!

My latest adventure in decorating coincides with the All Hallows' Costume Dance which is being hosted by the Duché de Coeur & Rocca Sorrentina on October 25th.  Having decided that the French Garden Parterre would be an excellent spot for a party, I waded in and got to work clearing the summer gardens to start with a fresh canvas.



Before I knew it, new trees were taking root and autumn leaves were everywhere!


Kegs of wine & beer appeared as if by magic as did numerous clusters of candles.  But what to do about additional "exterior illumination"?  Pumpkin lanterns seemed to be the obvious solution but the Marie Antoinette that speaks in my head just didn't approve of our modern-day, orange, jack-o'-lanterns.  Something custom would be "oh so much better" said she.

So I found myself creating a new set of Painted Pumpkin Lanterns with the burgundy & gold colours chosen from MA's dress as worn in the poster and gilded patterns including fleur de lys & laurel wreaths.


They have a lovely sheen in the daylight and a mellow glow when lit at night.


When I started the day I never thought I would be painting pumpkin lanterns for the Petit Trianon but it proved to be a delightful decorating detour and with the exterior lighting problem solved I'm moving on to other considerations like "Where do you park a large dragon so that people don't bump into it when they're dancing?".  Time will tell!

As mentioned, the wine & beer are already out so please feel free to drop by for a drink on the French Garden Parterre.  You may run into me as I continue with the party preparations.
___________________________________________________________
Painting Pumpkin Lanterns at the Petit Trianon by  on 2015-10-16 I never thought I would be painting pumpkin lanterns for the Petit Trianon but it proved to be a delightful decorating detour!

Images: Tatiana Dokuchic (click to enlarge)

Find Tatiana Dokuchic on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment